All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionRonny Someck is an ermously popular poet and radio host in Israel. Born in Iraq, he spent his childhood in a transit camp for new immigrants. This is his first full-length book to appear in English; his Sephardi voice is rich with slang, hot music, street gangsters and army commandos, and the odors of falafel and schwarma. In what other poet could we find Tarzan, Marilyn Monroe, and cowboys battling with Rabbi Yehuda Halevi for the hearts and souls of Israelis?
- Author BiographyRonny Someck's eight books of poetry have been translated into twenty-two languages. Moshe Dor and Barbara Goldberg are award-winning authors and translators. Together they have edited The Stones Remember: Native Israeli Poetry and After the First Rain: Israeli Poems on War and Peace.
- Author(s)Ronny Someck
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2002
- LanguageHebrew & English
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byMoshe Dor,Barbara Goldberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.