CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Frye's skillful translation and abridgment of Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala's monumental First New Chronicle and Good Government (composed between 1600-1616) offers an unprecedented glimpse into pre-colonial Inca society and culture, the Spanish conquest of Peru (1532-1572), and life under the corrupt Spanish colonial administration. An Introduction provides essential historical and cultural background and discusses the author's literary and linguistic invations. Maps, a glossary of terms, and seventy-five of Guaman Poma's ink drawings are also included.
- Author BiographyDavid Frye is Program Associate in Latin American and Caribbean Studies and Adjunct Professor of Anthropology, University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight582 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.