All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Frye's skillful translation and abridgment of Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala's monumental First New Chronicle and Good Government (composed between 1600-1616) offers an unprecedented glimpse into pre-colonial Inca society and culture, the Spanish conquest of Peru (1532-1572), and life under the corrupt Spanish colonial administration. An Introduction provides essential historical and cultural background and discusses the author's literary and linguistic invations. Maps, a glossary of terms, and seventy-five of Guaman Poma's ink drawings are also included.
- Author BiographyDavid Frye is Program Associate in Latin American and Caribbean Studies and Adjunct Professor of Anthropology, University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight582 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.