All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Frye's skillful translation and abridgment of Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala's monumental First New Chronicle and Good Government (composed between 1600-1616) offers an unprecedented glimpse into pre-colonial Inca society and culture, the Spanish conquest of Peru (1532-1572), and life under the corrupt Spanish colonial administration. An Introduction provides essential historical and cultural background and discusses the author's literary and linguistic invations. Maps, a glossary of terms, and seventy-five of Guaman Poma's ink drawings are also included.
- Author BiographyDavid Frye is Program Associate in Latin American and Caribbean Studies and Adjunct Professor of Anthropology, University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight486 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.00Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $36.35
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.