All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only up-to-date book available about the Eastern Kulin peoples. The Kulin nation lived around Port Phillip Bay and the Yarra River valley, and their territory stretched as far rth as the Murray River at Echuca. Gary Presland looks at the Eastern Kulin peoples from before European invasion in the mid-1830s and their world which was changed forever. The Kulin, however, were able to survive and maintain something of their culture through a preparedness to alter their time-houred practices. Although the culturally and spiritually rich traditional ways were gone, Kulin people maintained their connection to land and ultimately found a place within mainstream European society.
- Author(s)Gary Presland
- PublisherMuseum Victoria Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMuseum Victoria Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps (some col.)
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.