All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.82Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionReef is a troubled sixteen-year-old, who likes to smoke pot and drink with his friends in a derelict abandoned building. He also likes to throw stones from bridges over roads. There's a reason he throws stones - stemming from an abusive childhood - but one of his stones ends up smashing the windshield of seventeen-year-old Leeza Hemming's car, causing a horrific accident and landing Leeza in a hospital for three months, learning to walk again. Meanwhile, Reef faces charges in court and ends up being sentenced to a group home, where he will have to attend classes and volunteer at a rehabilitation centre. Because of some fluke in the assignment, he ends up volunteering with Leeza - they both don't kw who each other is - and they start to help each other face life. Ironically, Reef is the key to Leeza's recovery, and vice versa. Then Leeza's mother walks in her daughter's hospital room and recognizes Reef from the courtroom...
- Author BiographyDON AKER'S most recent novel is The Fifth Rule, a finalist for the White Pine Award. His acclaimed backlist also includes The Space Between, winner of the Canadian Library Association's Young Adult Honour Book Award and also shortlisted for the White Pine Award; One on One, winner of the Canadian Authors Association Lilla Stirling Award and nominated for the Hackmatack Award and the Manitoba Young Readers' Choice Award; and The First Stone, winner of the Ann Connor Brimer Award and the White Pine Award. A former high school teacher, Don lives by the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Don Aker
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight150 g
- Width175 mm
- Height119 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.