All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a timely new study of the Great War, a hundred years on. The First World War t only provides an invaluable introduction to the topic but also deals with the changing perspectives of, and attitudes towards, the war and its place in national and international memories. This clear and concise volume demonstrates the strategies of the combatants, the changing nature of warfare, the failures and achievements of military commanders and the impact of new weaponry. It leads you through the debates surrounding the war, from its causes through to its consequences, looking at the subject from a twenty-first century perspective. Rather than simply focusing on military history, Purdue pulls in strands of the diplomatic, political and ecomic dimensions of conflict, making this an ideal introduction to the First World War for both students and general readers.
- Author BiographyA. W. Purdue is Visiting Professor in History at the University of Northumbria, UK, and a Visiting Reader at the Open University, UK. He is the author of the highly successful The Second World War.
- Author(s)A. W. Purdue
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleEuropean History in Perspective
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight302 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.