All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSHORTLISTED FOR THE 2015 MAN BOOKER PRIZE Shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award Winner of the FT/OppenheimerFunds Emerging Voices Award Longlisted for the Etisalat Prize for Literature In a small town in western Nigeria, four young brothers - the youngest is nine, the oldest fifteen - use their strict father's absence from home to go fishing at a forbidden local river. They encounter a dangerous local madman who predicts that the oldest brother will be killed by ather. This prophesy breaks their strong bond and unleashes a tragic chain of events of almost mythic proportions. Passionate and bold, The Fishermen is a breathtakingly beautiful vel firmly rooted in the best of African storytelling. With this powerful debut, Chigozie Obioma emerges as one of the most original new voices of modern African literature.
- Author BiographyChigozie Obioma was born in 1986 in Akure, Nigeria, and currently lives in the United States. He graduated from the University of Michigan with an MFA in Creative Writing, and is now an assistant professor of Literature and Creative Writing at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Obioma is the winner of the 2015 FT/Oppenheimer Funds Emerging Voices Award. The Fishermen is his first novel.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Industry Awards Debut Fiction Book of the Year 2016 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2015.
- Author(s)Chigozie Obioma
- PublisherPushkin Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.