Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCreativity is based on receptivity. Hearing the original self speak is based on quieting the conditioned self's habit thoughts, emotions and memories. Attuning ourselves to the One is based on clearing out an inner place for the One to lodge. But the how of achieving such a goal can seem so elusive-or can presented in ways that make it seem like real results come only after decades of a monastic-like way of life. Author William Douglas Horden follows up on his highly acclaimed work, The Toltec I Ching, with this concise course in self-transformation. Based on his own death experience, Horden translates the ancient teachings on unifying the higher and lower souls into a practical guide for the modern mind. The Five Emanations is, in this sense, the newest incarnation of those ancient protocols that belong to this historical epoch. It is a course of self-transformation in the tradition of sudden enlightenment practitioners. It follows in the footsteps of those who empty out their self-defeating patterns of thought, emotion, and memory in order to make a lodging-place for the original uncreated awareness. It points to the shortcut method by which the modern mind of one's contemporaries is permanently aligned with the ancient soul ever-awakening within every form. In all this, it adheres to the ancient teaching of self-liberation, which transcends the separation of spirit and matter by uniting That Which Is Above with That Which Is Below in this very body and in this very lifetime.
- Author BiographyWilliam Douglas Horden has researched spiritual traditions of East and West, North and South, for the past 40 years. He has traveled extensively and lived in various shamanic communities, steeping himself in the timeless world view of the ancient cultures. He was initially trained in the I Ching by Master Khigh Alx Dhiegh and has since developed a new approach to the ancient art. He currently lives in Southern Oregon. Other Books by William Douglas Horden: The Toltec I Ching (with Martha Ramirez-Oropeza), The Spiritual Basis of Good Fortune, The Intentional Body, Sun Pearl Ceremonial.
- Author(s)William Douglas Horden
- PublisherDelok Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelok Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.