The Five-minute Philosopher: 80 Unquestionably Good Answers to 80 Unanswerable Big Questions by Gerald Benedict (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.30+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to help us shed our blinkers, put on our thinking caps, and come to conclusions we can really build on. Spend five minutes on any of the 80 questions and answers here and you will gain ermously in wisdom and insight. Gerald Benedict, a philosopher trained in issues of kwledge and faith, offers us a wealth of ideas that prompt us to think more seriously and systematically about those universal questions - with the help of quotations from great thinkers and writers through the ages. As we read and engage with a stimulating text, our minds are opened to new ideas and our lives enriched. This book provides nimble, wise and perceptive responses to questions that have absolute answers: instead, the author aims to stimulate thought and discussion that will lead to deeper understanding and further exploration. The same question will prompt different answers for different people. Dr Benedict's masterly discussions, which are informal and t at all academic, draw on sacred texts, humanist writings and poetry from all over the world, all through the centuries, to illuminate the issues - leaving readers free to come to their own conclusions. Armed with this book you are equipped t only to reach your own informed conclusions about the big questions of life, but also to engage kwledgeably in the to-and-fro of debate with family and friends.
- Author BiographyGerald Benedict graduated in Divinity from the University of London, and has a postgraduate diploma from the School of Ecumenical Studies, University of Geneva, and a Ph.D. from the Open University. His main academic interest is comparative religious philosophy, and after teaching religious studies and philosophy in colleges and universities in Britain, he moved to France. He is the author of the Watkins Dictionary of Religious and Secular Faiths and a number of books about the Mayan civilisation, including The Mayan Prophecies: 2012 - the Message and the Vision and The Maya: 2012 - the end of the world or the dawn of enlightenment? He has won awards for a novel, several short stories, and a radio drama for the BBC World Service.
- Author(s)Gerald Benedict
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width123 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.