The Fix: How a More Integrative Body-Mind Approach Creates Lasting Health by Alison Caldwell-Andrews (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngaging and appealing in tone, The Fix discusses the science behind how the body and mind can work together to create total health. The author merges behavioral principles of change that she has successfully used in her private practice, with cutting-edge research into why sleep, diet and exercise are key to total health. If you are discouraged about your health, your weight or your habits, you'll find plenty of fresh help and hope inside. The Fix is loaded with practical suggestions for getting yourself to actually do both the things you've always kwn will help you to feel better, as well as the things you probably didn't kw would help you to feel better! Are you confused about who to turn to because everyone is telling you something different about how to take care of yourself? This book is for you. It's based on the latest science about how the body works, written with a unique perspective that steps outside of the traditional infighting between conventional and alternative medicines. Do you want a look into how you can use your mind to help your body and your body to help your mind? This book is for you! This book is about tapping into the pervasive power of the mind-body connection. It's about context and about synergy. It's about behavior, including your thoughts, your emotions and your actions. It's about six Big Ideas that can change your life.
- Author BiographyDr. Alison Caldwell-Andrews is a clinical psychologist, researcher, teacher, herbalist, psychotherapist and a Fellow of the American Institute of Stress. Currently in private practice, she works with a wide range of patients, using many of the principles of integrated mind-body health you will learn in this book. As a former faculty member at the Yale University School of Medicine, she published over 30 papers in medical journals, provided peer review of others' research and received two grants in mind-body medicine from the National Institute of Health. Known as a creative therapist and a fascinating presenter, her open-minded thinking has led her to develop the remarkably effective approaches to change--lasting change--- that have improved the physical and emotional health of countless clients and associates. When those around her tell her she actually makes science interesting, she is baffled because science just IS interesting!
- Author(s)Alison Caldwell-Andrews
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.