The Florence Prescription: From Accountability to Ownership by Joe Tye (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo one has ever faced a healthcare crisis as dire as the one that confronted Florence Nightingale at the Scutari Barrack Hospital, yet despite the challenges over a 2-year period she defined the nursing profession and created a blueprint for the hospital as we kw it today. Now she returns to Memorial Medical Center to help the leadership team foster a stronger culture of ownership. In this heartwarming and thought-provoking story you will learn: -Why one ever checks the oil in a rental car, and proven strategies to foster a culture of ownership - Why a culture of ownership requires people who are Emotionally Positive, Self Empowered, and Fully Engaged (the 3 commitments of The Florence Challenge) - Why you need a blueprint for the Invisible Architecture of your organization and how to use a construction metaphor to create one - The 8 essential characteristics of a culture of ownership - How to use The Pickle Pledge to help people confront toxic emotional negativity and promote a more positive and productive workplace attitude - How the 7 promises of The Self-Empowerment Pledge can help you foster a more empowering culture With more than 200,000 copies in circulation in more than 500 hospitals and healthcare organizations, The Florence Prescription is the gift to your people that is also an investment in your organization. The Florence Challenge website includes a wealth of resources to help you optimize the impact of this book including leader's guide, PowerPoint study guide, webinar, and downloadable Florence Challenge Certificate of Commitment.
- Author BiographyJoe Tye is CEO and Head Coach of Values Coach Inc., which provides consulting, training and coaching on values-based leadership and cultural transformation. Tye earned a masters degree in hospital and health administration from The University of Iowa and an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he was class co-president. Prior to founding Values Coach in 1994, he was chief operating officer for a 750-bed community teaching hospital. He was founding president of the Association of Air Medical Services, and was a leader in the campaign to eliminate unethical tobacco industry marketing practices. He is the author or coauthor of ten books on personal motivation and organizational leadership, and publisher of the Spark Plug newsletter, which has an international readership. Joe is a frequent speaker on values-based leadership and personal motivation, and has worked with organizations across North America to help promote a more positive and productive workplace.
- Author(s)Joe Tye
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.