All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople's auras have colors and they can travel in their spiritual doubles? No way, thinks Lupe...until she befriends Ketan, an air-skinny more from India. Even though Lupe's mother nags her about having only one friend since childhood, she kws someone else is waiting for her. Her rmal life in South Central Los Angeles seems like a surreal dream lately: the feeling that someone is watching her in her room, the bike accident that lets her leave her body behind, the strange messages she deciphers in her grandmother's Mayan texts, and the time she almost drowns in the ocean all lead her to this mysterious connection to a mysterious person. But just as the synchronicity of daily events leaves her speechless, Ketan reminds Lupe that there are coincidences. A thousand miles rthbound in the evergreen town of Woodburn, Oregon, Manuel is adjusting to his new American life. Isn't it fantastic when all the girls at high school surround you and invite you on dates to the mall? Wrong. Manuel has never felt so empty, so trapped. That is until destiny pulls him from the spider's web and throws him into the new waters of Aztec ceremonies. After a whirlwind of shamanic experiences, Manuel kws he must go find someone: his twin soul awaits him so that together they can help fulfill the 2012 prophecies and ignite the Flowered War... The Flowered War of 2012 is a multicultural adventure, a true reflection of America's melting pot. In a place as diverse as Los Angeles, it's surprise that a Mexican Catholic, Indian Hindu, Yemeni Jew, and Tibetan Buddhist can be best friends and work together to unlock the secrets of their ancestors' kwledge. These young characters' compelling stories entertain us; yet also inspire us to discover our own spiritual path this 2012.
- Author BiographyKelly Carlos grew up in Riverside, California, with her loving family. She received her degree in economics and environmental studies at Claremont McKenna College. After receiving the prestigious Thomas J. Watson Fellowship, she embarked on extensive travels throughout South America and India. Kelly's journey on the Red Road of indigenous teachings began with her arrival in the Peruvian Amazon. There she inadvertently met a shaman who shared his ancient medicine, opening her spiritual pathways. After living in the Diamantina Highlands of Brazil, Kelly returned to the United States and met her husband, Jose Carlos Yayauqui Tlakaocelotl (Walking Black Jaguar), a native of Jalisco, Mexico. For the past eight years they have focused on raising their own family, educating their three daughters in the various traditions of Anahuac. As leaders in the Aztec Dance tradition, Jose and Kelly also like to support other indigenous ceremonies such as Sun Dance, temescal (sweat lodge), and Native American Church (tipi). Kelly and her family reside in the beautiful evergreen state of Oregon. They believe in the divine, innate strength of every human being, regardless of one's religion, race or color.
- Author(s)Kelly Carlos
- Date of Publication09/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.