All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first in a series of humorous books about disgusting creatures, The Fly is a look at the common housefly. It covers such topics as the hair on the fly's body (requires a lot of shaving), its ability to walk on the ceiling (it's pretty cool, but it's hard to play soccer up there), and its really disgusting food tastes (garbage juice soup followed by dirty diaper with rotten tomato sauce, for example). Although silly and off-the-wall, The Fly contains real information that will tie in with curriculum.
- Author BiographyELISE GRAVEL is an award-winning author/illustrator from Quebec. She is the winner of this year's Governor General's Award for Children's Illustration in French, and is well-known in Quebec for her original, wacky picture books. She has published a number of books with US publisher Blue Apple and is currently working on a graphic novel for Roaring Brook Press. Having completed her studies in graphic design, Elise found herself quickly swept up into the glamorous world of illustration. Her old design habits drive her to work a little text here and there into her drawings and she loves to handle the design of her assignments from start to finish. She is inspired by social causes and is likes projects that can handle a good dose of eccentricity.
- Author(s)Elise Gravel
- PublisherTundra Books (NY)
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleDisgusting Critters
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTundra Books (NY)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width155 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.