All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the bleak, windswept moors of rthern England, a small religious cult has cut itself off from society, believing they have found meaning in a purposeless world. Led by their prophet Nathaniel, they eagerly await the end times. But when the prophet brings in a new recruit, Stephanie, along with her rebellious daughter Judith, the group's delicate dynamic is disturbed. Judith is determined to escape, but her feelings are complicated by a growing friendship with ather of the children, the naive and trusting Moses, who has never experienced the outside world. Meanwhile, ather member is starting to have doubts of his own, unleashing a horrifying chain of events that will destroy the followers' lives. In the aftermath, the survivors struggle to adjust to the real world, haunted by the same questions: if you've been persuaded to surrender your individual will, are you still responsible for your actions? And is there any way back?
- Author BiographyRebecca Wait has been writing for as long as she can remember and has won numerous prizes for short stories and plays. She wrote her first novel, The View on the Way Down, in the evenings whilst working as a teaching assistant. The Followers is her second book. Rebecca lives in London. You can find her online at: rebeccawait.com and twitter.com/rebeccawait.
- Author(s)Rebecca Wait
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date21/09/2016
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementAir Iri OME
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.