All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps you discover the cuisines of Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and the Balkans. It features over 185 recipes, from the delicate Eggs with Caviare to hearty main meals such as Chicken Kiev, Hungarian Goulash and Romanian Kebabs. It includes desserts and gateaux such as Black Forest Cherry Cake, as well as light pastries such as Apple Strudel. It features soups and starters, meat and poultry, fish dishes, vegetables, grains and pasta, and baked goods. This exciting collection of Eastern European recipes includes all the culinary delights of a region that stretches from the Baltic Sea in the rth to the Black Sea in the south. There is Beef Strogav from Russia, Babka from Ukraine, Pork Stew with Sauerkraut from Germany, Goulash from Hungary, and Rice Pudding from Bulgaria. There are also many mouthwatering cakes and pastries, such as Dobos Torta and Apple Strudel. Every recipe is described step by step, and there are over 750 wonderful photographs. Hearty, urishing and brimming with taste and variety, the 185 dishes in this volume will surprise and delight all who explore them.
- Author BiographyLesley Chamberlain began her acquaintance with Eastern Europe with a year in Russia as a Reuters correspondent, followed by independent travels. From 1991-99 she was a judge for the International Langhe Ceretto prize awarded to books on food and culture, and she is the author of a number of cookbooks.
- Author(s)Lesley Chamberlain
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 750 photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $31.25New
- AU $30.18New
- AU $14.66New
- AU $34.02New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $29.34Trending at AU $35.62
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.02
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.