All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe is that seductive woman to be feared, who leads one to utter destruction, and has often been translated as 'the adulteress' and 'the strange woman' in Proverbs 1-9. However, the Hebrew explicitly refers to her as a 'foreign woman' and 'a strange woman'.This book argues against the former translation and identifies a motif of the 'foreign woman' within the Hebrew scripture where she originates. It also continues to trace how this motif develops after she leaves Proverbs 1-9 to the later Jewish wisdom literature.
- Author BiographyNancy Nam Hoon Tan, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China.
- Author(s)Nancy Nam Hoon Tan
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 381
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.