All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern forensic science has significantly affected historical debate over some well-kwn past crimes or mysteries, utilizing modern DNA, nuclear, and chemical analyses to reexamine the past. This book takes an in-depth look at 20 significant cases where investigators have applied new forensic techniques to confirm, dispute, or revise accepted historical accounts. Among the cases included are the murder of King Tut, the validity of the Vinland Map, the authenticity of the Hitler diaries, Joan of Arc's ashes, the bones of Anastasia, arsenic and the death of Napoleon, and the dating of the Shroud of Turin, plus 13 more.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Williams is Vail Professor of History and Dean of Faculty Emeritus at Davidson College in Davidson, North Carolina, and a founding board member of History Associates Incorporated. He is the author of numerous books and articles in modern Russian, American, and European history, including The Historian's Toolbox, Klaus Fuchs: Atom Spy, and Ruling Russian Eurasia: Khans, Clans, and Tsars.
- Author(s)Robert C. Williams
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationArmonk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM.E. Sharpe
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.