All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn many parts of the world, within a few hundred miles of the equator, there exists a mysterious environment called the rain forest. High up in the mountains of these areas lies an even more mysterious environment--the tropical cloud forest. The Forest in the Clouds explores the enchanting world of the Monte Verde cloud forest in Costa Rica. Discover the splendor and fragile beauty of a precarious ecosystem that receives up to 10 feet of rain and mist each year. Readers meet rare creatures unique to the cloud forest, home to over 300 different types of birds and countless insects. There are more than 500 species of butterflies alone. Learn about the many plants that thrive in the cloud forest, such as gardens of epiphytes, which are plants that grow on other plants. The Forest in the Clouds will amaze and inspire young readers as it plainly teaches children about the importance of this delicate ecosystem to the balance of the earth. Michael Rothman vividly brings to life the plants and animals of the enchanting and ethereal cloud forest. This place, constantly in mist, is alive with color and light in his lush illustrations. A glossary of terms is provided in the back of the book along with a guide to further reading, a few helpful web sites, and addresses kids can write to in order to get further information about saving the cloud forests.
- Author BiographySneed B. Collard III has been a biologist and a computer scientist. He's put his knowledge and experience to use by writing more than thirty children's books, including MANY BIOMES, ONE EARTH; BEAKS; and TEETH. He began writing after graduating with honors in marine biology from the University of California at Berkeley. After earning his master s in scientific instrumentation at the University of California at Santa Barbara, he continued to hone his craft while serving as a computer consultant for biologists. He lives in Missoula, Montana.
- Author(s)Sneed B Collard
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.