All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhitechapel, London 1890. Queenie Bonner is only two when she is taken from her large family in the slums to a big house in the country. She is frightened and confused, begging to be taken back, but she is told that this is w her home. She yearns for her nine brothers and sisters, especially Harry, who is her favourite. Albert and Mary Warrender rename her Elear and bring her up as their daughter. As time passes Elear forgets about her other family and loves Mary and Albert as her mother and father. But fifteen years later, when Mary dies, Albert tells her about the Bonners. With Albert's help, she sets about tracing her forgotten family. The search holds pleasure, distress and even danger as she discovers what has happened to her siblings over the years. Eight are traced, but one remains missing. There is sign of Harry. She kws she will never rest until he is found. But where is he?
- Author BiographyBeryl Matthews was born in London and grew up during WWII. She now lives near Farnham. After a career in the inspection office of an aircraft factory, Beryl started writing fiction. Her first novel was published when she was 71.
- Author(s)Beryl Matthews
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.