All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionLet us take a stalgic trip back in time to the age of Harry Stafford, Charlie Roberts, Sandy Turnbull, Joe Spence, Johnny Carey and Jack Rowley. These were the greats who made Manchester United great; legends for their immense contribution both on and off the pitch but w consigned to history. There are shrines or statues to these players at Old Trafford yet without them, other legends might never have emerged, indeed the club itself might t exist. The Forgotten Legends brings to vivid life the careers of an elite set of footballers. They had two things in common: all made their United debuts before the start of the Second World War and ne of them have had their story told in print before. HARRY STAFFORD -- The mysterious figure who saved Manchester United and then disappeared. CHARLIE ROBERTS -- Manchester United's first great captain and founder of the PFA. SANDY TURNBULL -- a figure who attracted controversy as easily as he did match winning goals. JOE SPENCE -- United's only true great between the wars, a legend among the fans. JOHNNY CAREY -- United's next great captain, leading the club back to glory. JACK ROWLEY -- A prolific striker with a fearsome reputation on and off the pitch.
- Author BiographyCharbel Boujaoude has been a Manchester United fan for over 30 years, following them from either Lebanon or Houston, Texas. He has also written Newton Heath's tale, The Story of the Green & Gold , as well as Manchester United Players Careers . Not only has Iain McCartney supported Manchester United for as long as he can remember, his grandfather's uncle actually played for the club in its Newton Heath days. Iain has only missed one home United game in 26 years, during which time he has been running the Manchester United Collectors' Club . He has written numerous books about the Reds, among them biographies of Roger Byrne and Duncan Edwards', as well as Norman Whiteside's autobiography. Additionally, Iain has a passion for Northern Soul music which he plays at local venues. Thankfully, he has a very understanding wife! Frank Colbert is an Irish-born Manchester United supporter now living in South Africa. He has been a part-time football journalist on a few Irish newspapers for the last five years and has also contributed to the Uniteds official monthly magazine Inside United on occasions. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Frank Colbert
- PublisherEmpire Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEmpire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight568 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byCharbel Boujaoude
- Foreword byTed Roberts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.