All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe POW Camp at Fort McClellan, Alabama, was one of hundreds of American containment centers built to hold the hundreds of thousands of German prisoners captured during World War II. The camp's well maintained and humane facilities gained it a reputation as a model camp. Military officials praised its elimination of major operational problems. International inspectors commended it, calling it one of the best camps in the country. Prisoners accepted and even enjoyed their time there. Drawing on official documents and recollections of prisoners, soldiers and civilians, this book provides a personal and detailed history of a widely praised and admired place of internment.
- Author BiographyJack Shay is a former journalist and retired writer/public speaker for the federal government. He has previously written four historical books and one historical novel. He lives in Vestal, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Jack Shay
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note60 photographs
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.