All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Bligh is best remembered for the 1789 mutiny on the Bounty. He lived to repeat the experience. In 1797 mutineers took over his ship, Director. A little more than ten years later, when he was the goverr of the British colony in Australia, the New South Wales Corps rebelled and kept Bligh locked in Government House for over a year. Yet when the man died in 1817 at age 63, he was William Bligh, esquire, Fellow of the Royal Society and Vice-Admiral of the White in the British Navy. How was it possible for someone who was in serious difficulty so often to rise as far as he did? If ever there was a person who learned to profit from adversity, it was William Bligh.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Roy E. Schreiber received his B.A. and M.A. degrees from the University of California at Los Angeles and his Ph.D. from the University of London. He is the author of two books and a play and is currently Professor of History at Indiana University at South Bend. His honors include election to the Royal Historical Society and Research fellowships at the Institute of Historical Research in London and the University of Sydney in Australia. For the past twelve years, he has been co-editor of the North American Conference in British Studies Biography Series. Sailing has been an interest since he was a teenager and he has skippered assorted sail boats in the U.S., Great Britain, the West Indies and Australia.
- Author(s)Roy E Schreiber
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1991
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number108
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.