Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionEmpress Elizabeth of Austria, kwn as Sisi, is the Princess Diana of nineteenth-century Europe. Famously beautiful, as captured in a portrait with diamond stars in her hair, she is unfulfilled in her marriage to the older Emperor Franz Joseph. Sisi has spent years evading the stifling formality of royal life on her private train or yacht or, whenever she can, on the back of a horse.Captain Bay Middleton is dashing, young, and the finest horseman in England. He is also impoverished, with hope of buying the horse needed to win the Grand National until he meets Charlotte Baird. A clever, plainspoken heiress whose money gives her a choice among suitors, Charlotte falls in love with Bay, the first man to really tice her, for his vulnerability as well as his glamour. When Sisi joins the legendary hunt organized by Earl Spencer in England, Bay is asked to guide her on the treacherous course. Their shared passion for riding leads to an infatuation that jeopardizes the growing bond between Bay and Charlotte, and threatens all of their futures.The Fortune Hunter, a brilliant new vel by Daisy Goodwin, is a lush, irresistible story of the public lives and private longings of grand historical figures.
- Author BiographyDAISY GOODWIN is a Harkness scholar who attended Columbia University's film school after earning a degree in history at Cambridge University. She is also a book reviewer for London's The Times and was chair of the judging panel of the 2010 Orange Prize for Fiction. The Fortune Hunter is Daisy's second novel, following the New York Times bestseller The American Heiress.
- Author(s)Daisy Goodwin
- PublisherSt. Martin's Press
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date29/12/2016
- Weight676 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.