The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty Through Profits by C. K. Prahalad (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on Prahalad's breakthrough insights in The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid, great companies worldwide have sought to identify, build, and profit from new markets amongst the world's several billion poorest people, while at the same time helping to alleviate poverty. Five years after its first publication, this book's ideas are longer theory : they are proven, profitable reality. In the 5th Anniversary Edition, Prahalad thoroughly updates his book to reveal all that's been learned about competing and profiting at the bottom of the pyramid. Prahalad outlines the latest strategies and tactics that companies are utilizing to succeed in the developing world. He interviews several invative CEOs to discuss what they've learned from their own initiatives, including the Unilever business leader who's built a billion-dollar business in India. You'll find a new case study on Jaipur Rugs' invative new global supply chain; updates to earlier editions' key cases; and up-to-the-minute information on the evolution of key industries such as wireless, agribusiness, healthcare, consumer goods, and finance. Prahalad also offers an up-to-date assessment of the key questions his ideas raised: Is there truly a market? Is there scale? Is there profit? Is there invation? Is this a global opportunity? Five years ago, executives could be hopeful that the answers to these questions would be positive. Now, as Prahalad demonstrates, they can be certain of it.
- Author BiographyC.K. Prahalad is Paul and Ruth McCracken Distinguished University Professor of Strategy at the Ross School of Business, The University of Michigan. He is a globally recognized management thinker. Times of London and Suntop Media elected him as the most influential management thinker alive today in 2007. He is coauthor of bestsellers in management such as Competing for the Future, The Future of Competition, and The New Age of Innovation. He has won the McKinsey Prize for the best article four times. He has received several honorary doctorates, including one from the University of London and the Stevens School of Technology. He has worked with CEOs and senior management at many of the world's top companies. He is also a member of the Board of NCR Corporation, Pearson PLC., Hindustan Unilever Ltd., The World Resources Institute, and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE).
- Author(s)C. K. Prahalad
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/08/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width164 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.