Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fascinating chronicle of the California Gold Rush written in 1918, American writer, Steward Edward White, gives an historical view of those early days of the mid-19th century, and the many challenges of the formation of a new frontier: incoming population, law and order issues, greed and power, political differences, successes and failures. White shows how quickly San Francisco grew from a population of a few hundred into a center for commerce, wealth, and politics. He writes of the Spanish days of early California, the 1846 Mexican War, and follows the movement of the Mormon population on its trail westward, and the challenge to create a civilized, law-abiding society. In Linda Pendleton's new Introduction, we learn who Stewart Edward White was and the legacy he left of his many fiction and nfiction books following his death in 1946. An explorer, conservationist, naturalist, and big game hunter, his love for nature, conservation, and adventure were to become very much a part of his literary works over his long literary career. Several of his nfiction works are classics in the exploration of the pararmal and communication from the spirit world. He wrote with passion, whether about the adventures beyond the veil or about adventures in nature and the earthly frontier.
- Author BiographyLinda Pendleton writes nonfiction and fiction books, comics, and ecourses. She coauthored the popular nonfiction books, To Dance With Angels, and Whispers From the Soul, with her husband, Don Pendleton. Don and Linda Pendleton also wrote the crime novel, Roulette: The Search for the Sunrise Killer. Linda's fiction includes The Catherine Winter, Private Investigator Series: Shattered Lens, and Fractured Image. Also the suspense novel, The Unknown; the thriller, Sound of Silence; and the historical novel, Corn Silk Days, Iowa, 1862. Linda is a former member of the Authors Guild Inc., and EPIC Authors.
- Author(s)Linda Pendleton,Stewart Edward White
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.