Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Foundations of Aesthetics, Art, and Art Education addresses the need for a single reference that will provide educators and educational psychologists with fundamental information and an appraisal of current research in this challenging area. The contributors to this informative volume assert that aesthetics is a basic human response and that attendant educational issues are best understood from the perspective of the social and behavioral sciences--pyschology, sociology, and biology. They present the latest theoretical and empirical kwledge of the biological, social, cognitive, and philosophical bases of aesthetics as it relates to the teaching of the arts. The introductory chapters review psycho-biological and sociological perspectives of aesthetics. These are followed by chapters discussing the psychological dimensions of aesthetics, including creativity, personality, visual thinking, problem finding, and developmental processes.
- Author BiographyFRANK H. FARLEY is Professor of Education and Educational Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. RONALD W. NEPERUD is in the Department of Art at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Author(s)Frank H. Farley,Ronald W. Neperud
- Date of Publication16/09/1988
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight777 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.