All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation was made from the third edition of The Foundations of Aesthetics as prepared by the author (I ed. 1933. II ed. 1949. III ed. 1957. IV ed. in Works 1966). Some parts of the text were deleted from this translation such as references to examples which could t be understood by n-Polish readers (e.g. reminiscences about famous theatrical interpretations. theatrical productions dating back many years or references to literary characters which serve as specific examples in the consciousness of readers of Polish literature). Names and works of Polish authors cited in the text have been supplemented by brief information tes (the numbers referring to these foottes have been differentiated by block parentheses). In the block parentheses in the author's foottes the latest editions are given. Illustrations at the end of the book have been placed according to the order in which they would best serve to analyze the various topics. IX STANISLAW OSSOWSKI'S CONCEPTION OF SOCIAL SCIENCES The Foundation of Aesthetics is the first major work by Stanislaw Ossowski. Ossowski is well kwn to the English reader for his socio- logical works, and especially for his book Class Structure in Social Consciousness and the majority of his works deal with various theoretical and methodological problems of sociology. It should be stressed here, that the book in the field of aesthetics constitutes a turning point in his biography. in the process of changing his focus of interest from logic to sociology.
- Author(s)Stanislaw Ossowski
- Date of Publication22/11/2011
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight754 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.