All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere remains an urgent need for a deeper discussion of the theoretical, political and federal dimensions of the European codification project. While much valuable work has already been undertaken, the chapters in this volume take as their starting point the proposition that further reflection and critical thought will enhance the quality and efficacy of the on-going work of the various codification bodies. The volume contains chapters by representatives of the Common Frame of Reference, the Study Group and the Acquis Group as well as by those who have t been involved in particular projects but who have previously commented more distantly on their work - for instance those belonging to the Trento Group, and the Social Justice Group. The chapters between them represent the most comprehensive attempt so far to survey the state of the codification project, its theoretical, political and federal foundations and the future prospects for enforcement and compliance.
- Author BiographyRoger Brownsword is Professor of Law at King's College, London, UK. Hans-W Micklitz is Director of Graduate Studies and Professor of Economic Law at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy. Leone Niglia is Director of the Centre for European Legal Studies and Associate Professor of Law/Reader at the University of Exeter, UK. Stephen Weatherill is Jacques Delors Professor of European Law at the University of Oxford (UK) and a Fellow of Somerville College.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/09/2011
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1320 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byLeone Niglia,Professor Hans W. Micklitz,Professor Roger Brownsword,Stephen Weatherill
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.