The Founding Fathers Guide to the Constitution by Brion T. McClanahan (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Does the Constitution Really Mean? Are liberals right when they cite the elastic clauses of the Constitution to justify big government? Or are conservatives right when they cite the Constitution's explicit limits on federal power? The answer lies in a more basic question: How did the founding generation intend for us to interpret and apply the Constitution? Professor Brion McClanahan, popular author of The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM) to the Founding Fathers, finds the answers by going directly to the source--to the Founding Fathers themselves, who debated all the relevant issues in their state constitutional conventions. In The Founding Fathers' Guide to the Constitution, you'll discover: * How the Constitution was designed to protect rather than undermine the rights of States * Why Congress, t the executive branch, was meant to be the dominant branch of government--and why the Founders would have argued for impeaching many modern presidents for violating the Constitution * Why an expansive central government was the Founders' biggest fear, and how the Constitution--and the Bill of Rights--was designed to guard against it * Why the founding generation would regard most of the current federal budget--including stimulus packages --as unconstitutional * Why the Founding Fathers would oppose attempts to reform the Electoral College * Why the Founding Fathers would be horrified at the ermous authority of the Supreme Court, and why the Founders intended Congress, t the Court, to interpret federal law Authoritative, fascinating, and timely, The Founding Fathers' Guide to the Constitution is the definitive layman's guide to America's most important-and often willfully misunderstood-historical document.
- Author BiographyBrion McClanahan is author of The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM) to the Founding Fathers and holds an M.A. and Ph.D. in American history from the University of South Carolina. Born in Virginia, he attended high school in Delaware and received a B.A. in history from Salisbury University in Maryland. He lives with his wife and children near Phenix City, Alabama, just across the river from Columbus, Georgia.
- Author(s)Brion T. McClanahan
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.39Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.