All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Four Cultures of the Academy, William H. Bergquist identified four different, yet interrelated, cultures found in North American higher education: collegial, managerial, developmental, and advocacy. In this new and expanded edition of that classic work, Bergquist and coauthor Kenneth Pawlak propose that there are additional external influences in our global culture that are pressing upon the academic institution, forcing it to alter the way it goes about its business. Two new cultures are w emerging in the academic institution as a result of these global, external forces: the virtual culture, prompted by the techlogical and social forces that have emerged over the past twenty years, and the tangible culture, which values its roots, community, and physical location and has only recently been evident as a separate culture partly in response to emergence of the virtual culture. These two cultures interact with the previous four, creating new dynamics.
- Author BiographyWilliam H. Bergquist is an international consultant and professor in the fields of organizational psychology and management and president of the Professional School of Psychology, California. He is the author of forty-three books, including The Four Cultures of the Academy. Kenneth Pawlak is chair of the Creative Arts, Social Service, and Education Division at Langara College in Vancouver, British Columbia. He has held a variety of positions across the academy, from managing capital and budgets to faculty and student development.
- Author(s)Kenneth Pawlak,William H. Bergquist
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/11/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWiley Desktop Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Weight582 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.