All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcclaimed food writer Nancy Jenkins, teams up with her master chef daughter Sara with a unique around-the-seasons cookbook devoted to simple, everyday pasta recipes There are few ingredients in a cook s pantry that beat out pasta for tastiness, for ease of preparation, for versatility, and for sheer delight. It s irresistible to all and perfect for every occasion. In The Four Seasons of Pasta, Sara Jenkins and Nancy Harmon Jenkins celebrate the Italian native that has become a beloved American staple. Jenkins and her mom draw on their own background in Italy, where they ve lived, cooked, studied, and worked in Rome and Florence, and on a Tuscan olive farm for many years. Today, Sara is a highly accomplished chef and owner of Porsena and Porchetta, two restaurants in New York s East Village while Nancy is a nationally kwn food journalist and authority on the Mediterranean diet, with a number of prominent cookbooks to her credit (including The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook and Flavors of Tuscany ). The Four Seasons of Pasta brings together more than 120 recipes focused on seasonal ingredients from supermarkets and farmstands across America, from the gamey meat ragus, chestnuts, and brilliant pumpkins in autumn to summer s explosion of tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers. Nancy and Sara introduce readers to quick-and-easy weeknight dishes as well as more ambitious affairs while four-color photography brings the recipes vividly to life. Along the way, the two cooks delve into how to cook, sauce, and present pasta, how to make it by hand, and pasta s significant place in a healthy modern diet. The Four Seasons of Pasta is an invaluable tool for home cooks seeking to enjoy the quintessential food that s in their pantry all year-round.
- Author BiographyNancy Jenkins has been a nationally recognized food authority since the 1980s and has written for the New York Times food section, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Food & Wine, and many other publications. She is the author of New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook and is an acknowledged expert on Mediterranean food, in which pasta figures greatly. Sara Jenkins is the highly accomplished chef and owner of Porsena Restaurant in New York s East Village. Billed as a pasta restaurant, Porsena has been met with excellent reviews and much enthusiasm. Sara has been featured in Bon Appetit and on NPR and contributes regularly to the Atlantic s food blog. The Jenkinses have lived in Italy and on the Mediterranean, at least part time, since the 1970s.Michael Harlan Turkell, a James Beard Foundation Award nominated photographer, and author of Acid Trip, a vinegar cookbook, has documented the inner-workings of the culinary worlds for over a decade. He also hosts The Food Seen on HeritageRadioNetwork.org.
- Author(s)Nancy Jenkins,Sara Jenkins
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width196 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Michael Harlan Turkell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.