All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe contest for the Bonniest Baby in Dundee is here, and one very grubby baby brother is scrubbed, dressed, combed and taken by his mum and big sister to charm the judges. But on the way -- oh ! -- the bus breaks down...They'll have to get a wriggle on! It starts to rain and they splish and splash through puddles. By the time they arrive, their bonnie baby is sticky, claggie and clarty. His chances of winning are dashed -- especially when he blows a raspberry in the judge's face! Or are they...? Hilariously and lovingly recounted in lively, bouncing rhyme from the point of view of the baby's big sister, this cheeky picture book will have mums, dads and kids chortling every time. With bright fun illustrations and recognisable scenes of Dundee, it is brimming with local flavour.
- Author BiographyMichelle Sloan was born and brought up in Edinburgh but now lives with her family in sunny Broughty Ferry near Dundee. She trained as a primary school teacher and has also studied drama and arts journalism. The Fourth Bonniest Baby in Dundee is her first published book. Kasia Matyjaszek is an Edinburgh-based freelance illustrator. She studied at Edinburgh College of Art and has since worked on a variety of picture books. Her work was highly commended in the Macmillan Book Prize and she was a finalist the Picture Hooks mentoring scheme and Clairvoyants picture book competition. She also works as an illustration tutor at the University of Edinburgh, and leads creative workshops for young children.
- Author(s)Michelle Sloan
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitlePicture Kelpies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight157 g
- Width265 mm
- Height230 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kasia Matyjaszek
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.