All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionSubtitled 'A Klezmer piece', The Fourth Gate was is based on traditional Hassidic stories. This funny and multi-faceted play depicts a lost world where the celestial and the everyday go hand in hand, where poverty and igrance may be signs of ultimate richness and wisdom, where searching for your mentor/spiritual leader can be a life-long goal. In this small Ukrainian community, time and space seem to be penetrable and reversible, reality and myths can be easily confused. This version is from a literal translation by Ildiko Noemi Nagy and Katalin Trencsenyi, and is part of the National Theatre's Channels (Hungary) season of rehearsed readings, initiated by the NT Studio and performed in the Cottesloe Theatre in June 2004.
- Author BiographyDennis Kelly is an internationally acclaimed playwright. Stage plays include Debris (Theatre 503 and Battersea Arts Centre, 2003 & 2004); Osama the Hero (Paines Plough and Hampstead Theatre 2004 & 2005; winner of the Meyer Whitworth Award 2006); After the End (Paines Plough, Traverse Theatre, Bush Theatre, UK and international tour, 2005); Love and Money (Young Vic Theatre and Manchester Royal Exchange, 2006); Taking Care of Baby (Hampstead Theatre and Birmingham Repertory Theatre, 2006; winner of the John Whiting Award 2007); DNA (NT Connections, National Theatre, 2007-8); Orphans (Paines Plough, Traverse Theatre, Soho Theatre and Birmingham Rep, 2009; winner of a Fringe First and Herald Angel Award 2009) and The Gods Weep (Royal Shakespear Company and Hampstead Theatre). In 2009 Dennis was voted Best Foreign Playwright 2009 by Theatre Heute, Germany. Work for radio includes The Colony (BBC Radio 3, 2004; Prix Europa Award - Best European Radio Drama and Radio & Music Award - Scripting for Broadcast 2004) and 12 Shares (BBC Radio 4, 2005). Dennis co-wrote the award winning comedy series Pulling (Silver River and BBC 3, 2006 - 09) and wrote the stage adaptation for Roald Dahl's Matilda, which won the Olivier award for Best New Musical in 2012.
- Author(s)Peter Karpati
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Modern Plays
- Weight222 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byDennis Kelly,Ildiko Noemi Nagy,Katalin Trencsenyi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.