The Fourth Quill by Toby Johnson, Edwin Clark Johnson (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if you learned that the AIDS virus was the result of bioweapons research gone bad, and that somebody knew and was hiding the truth? What if there's a cure? Could you trust your source of information? Could you trust your own perceptions? Could you act on such information? And what would you do? This is the situation that San Francisco AIDS counselor Jonathan Stiers finds himself enmeshed in in this wisdom-tinged thriller vel by gay spiritual writer, student of Joseph Campbell and former editor of White Crane Journal Toby Johnson. Originally published in 1987 when AIDS was still a mystery disease, successful treatments had t been developed and spiritual/attitudinal healing-of soul, if t of body-was the only hope, this vel, with its explanations of healing and presentation of wisdom from A Course in Miracles and The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment, was originally titled Plague: A Novel about Healing. Twenty-five years later, the vel's quandary about the nature of evil and its message of hopeful acceptance and love of life are still relevant, perhaps even more so. The story of the fourth quill comes from an Indian tale about a previous incarnation of the Buddha who discovers the treasure of the ages and it's t what he'd expected; Johnson retells the tale and derives a meaningful and life-affirming attitude that transcends the specific issues of AIDS in the 1980s. The Fourth Quill recasts the story into a parallel universe with a surprising and happy ending where Jon Stiers really can wonder if he has brought about the cure of AIDS. Woven through the hero/adventure plot is a lovely and heartwarming romance-with an unexpected twist. A little modern, scientific and sensible and a little mystical, The Fourth Quill exemplifies Toby Johnson's style of dramatizing gay spirit through storytelling and speculative fiction. This is a parallel universe readers will likely remember and come back to.
- Author(s)Edwin Clark Johnson,Toby Johnson
- PublisherLethe Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLethe Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.