All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith art newly restored and colorized by Peter Spier, a beloved Caldecott Hor Book regains its original glory with this hardcover reissue of Spier s spirited take on a classic American folk song. [Spier's] finely detailed, action-packed New England autumn vistas are almost startlingly beautiful. The New York Times Over fifty years after he won a Caldecott Hor for The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night, legendary illustrator Peter Spier has gone back to this time-hored favorite to paint the half of the book that was originally printed in black and white. In this glowing new vision of Spier s beloved classic, follow the wily fox as he roams a sleepy New England town in search of a meal, with tones and textures so vivid you can almost hear the crackle of crisp fall leaves and the ripples of the river in the moonlight.
- Author BiographyWinner of the 1978 Caldecott Medal for Noah's Ark and a 1962 Caldecott Honor for The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night, PETER SPIER is one of America's most popular and renowned illustrators. He has illustrated over one hundred books, and his work can be found in museums and private collections across the country. In addition to illustrating and writing, Mr. Spier is an avid and celebrated builder of model ships. He and his wife live in Shoreham, New York.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width269 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Spier
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.