All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a charming and beautifully illustrated animal fable. It comes from the popular Silver Penny series. It is suitable for children aged 3 to 6. When a thirsty fox sees some tasty-looking grapes, he's delighted. But he just can't reach them, matter how high he jumps or how hard he tries. Bitterly disappointed, he walks off, calling them 'sour'. Aesop's charming animal fable gently teaches children a timeless and very human lesson.
- Author BiographyKathleen Olmstead is the author of several Classic Starts books, including Anne of Avonlea and Moby Dick, as well as Jacques Cousteau: A Life Under the Sea and Matthew Henson: The Quest for the North Pole, both in the Sterling Biographies series. She has also written three other Silver Penny Story books: Pied Piper of Hamelin (9781402783494), Thumbelina (9781402783524), and The Steadfast Tin Soldier (9781402783517). Sarah Brannen has illustrated more than a dozen books for children, and is the author and illustrator of Uncle Bobby's Wedding (Putnam, 2008), as well as The Ugly Duckling (9781402784378) and The Pied Piper of Hamelin (9781402783494) in the Silver Penny Story series. She won the Ann Barrow Scholarship from the New England chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators in 2007.
- Author(s)Kathleen Olmstead
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSilver Penny Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 20 illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width114 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sarah Brannen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.