Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionGlen Hansard founded The Frames before appearing in The Commitments (1991). Since then, the band has enjoyed multi-platinum success in Ireland and have the best-kept secret of the Irish music scene. Their own identity and style accumulated a loyal, ever-increasing fan base. Now one of our most popular bands, they are making a global breakthrough with their Burn The Maps album. Most recently, the US edition of Esquire has awarded the band their annual Esky award won last year by Coldplay. Zoran was so ignited by their music in 1994, it sparked a last-minute weekend trip to Ireland from Chicago to see the band live. His pen-pal relationship with front man Glen Hansard developed into friendship as the band carved a niche outside Ireland in the USA. Zoran, fan and photographer, had unfettered access to capture the passion of this band, on tour and in studio, for this pictorial tribute. The rise of the band is illustrated with exclusive vintage photographs. Also included are rare shots of enigmatic producer, Steve Albini who worked with Nirvana and The Pixies. Orlic's anecdotes and memories from tours and studio sessions give a true sense of life as a band member. Photographs from early years capture moments of playfulness - the lads with horn-rimmed glasses and mid-90s fashions - and relaxation. This is an unadulterated look into the heart and soul of The Frames.
- Author BiographyZoran Orlic is a fine arts photographer with a flair for revealing the many moods of rock photography. Orlic's passion for the camera and music has led him to capture rock bands on film for the last seventeen years. Most recently noted for his work with Wilco (world famous rock band), Orlic's snapshots have appeared in magazines, websites and CD packaging.
- Author(s)Janine Schaults,Zoran Orlic
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Out-of-print date30/04/2008
- Content Noteblack & white photos, duotone printing
- Weight1252 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.