All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSaint Francis of Assisi is one of the most beloved saints. His commitment to God's will, his yearning to embrace poverty, and his attentiveness to the Spirit's presence in his life continue to inspire Christians and n-Christians alike. The Franciscan Tradition highlights some of the most influential people in Franciscan history. Using the writings of men and women from the First, Second, and Third Orders, this volume shows the breadth and depth of the Franciscan way of life. Presented here are saints and martyrs, contemplatives and preachers, theologians and reformers. They heeded God's call, found hope in Francis' mission, and w provide wisdom for those who seek to follow God. Regis J. Armstrong, OFM Cap, is a world-rewned expert on Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Clare of Assisi. In addition to translating and editing Francis and Clare: The Complete Works and three editions of Clare of Assisi: Early Documents, he was editor-in-chief of the four-volumeFrancis of Assisi: Early Documents and has written St. Francis of Assisi: Writings for a Gospel Life, True Joy. Armstrong is The John C. and Gertrude P. Hubbard Professor of Religious Studies at the Catholic University of America. Ingrid J. Peterson, OSF, is an adjunct faculty member of the Franciscan Institute, Saint Bonaventure University, and has been an English professor at the College of Saint Teresa and Quincy University. She is a Sister of Saint Francis from Rochester, Minnesota. Peterson is the author of Clare of Assisi: A Biographical Study and coauthor of Praying With Clare of Assisi. In 2000 the Franciscan Institute awarded her the Franciscan medal for Outstanding Contribution to Scholarship in Franciscan Studies. She is the first woman to receive this hor.
- Author BiographyRegis J. Armstrong, OFM Cap, is a world-renowned expert on Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Clare of Assisi. In addition to translating and editing Francis and Clare: The Complete Works and three editions of Clare of Assisi: Early Documents, he was editor-in-chief of the four- volume Francis of Assisi: Early Documents and has written St. Francis of Assisi: Writings for a Gospel Life, True Joy. Armstrong is The John C. and Gertrude P. Hubbard Professor of Religious Studies at the Catholic University of America. Phyllis Zagano is senior research associate-in-residence and adjunct professor of religion at Hofstra University and founding co-chair of the Roman Catholic Studies Group of the American Academy of Religion. The author or editor of sixteen books in religious studies, including Catholic Press Association and College Theology Society book award winners, Zagano is also the series editor of the Spirituality in History Series published by Liturgical Press.
- Author(s)Ingrid J. Peterson,OSF,Regis J. Armstrong
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleSpirituality in History
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.