All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first single-volume edition and translation of Frege's philosophical writings to include all of his seminal papers as well as substantial selections from all three of his major works. It is intended to provide the essential primary texts for students of logic, philosophical logic, philosophy of language, and philosophy of mathematics. It contains in particular Frege's four papers Function and Concept , On Concept and Object , On Sense and Reference , and Thought , and new translations of key parts of the Begriffsschrift, The Foundations of Arithmetic, and the Basic Laws of Arithmetic. The editor's substantial introduction provides the reader with an overview of the significance and development of Frege's philosophy, while the foottes, appendices and glossary facilitate understanding of some of the more difficult elements of Frege's thought.
- Author BiographyMichael Beaney is a Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Leeds and author of Frege: Making Sense (1996).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/1997
- Series TitleBlackwell Readers
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight634 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMichael Beaney
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.