All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a critical history of the movement associated with the journal Annales, from its foundation in 1929 to the present. Burke argues that this movement has been the single most important force in the development of what is sometimes called the 'new history'. Burke distinguishes three main generations in the development of the Annales School. The first generation included Lucien Febvre and Marc Bloch, who fought against the old historical establishment and founded the journal Annales. The second generation was dominated by Braudel, whose magnificent work on the Mediterranean has became a modern classic. The third generation includes well-kwn contemporary historians such as Duby, Le Goff and Le Roy Ladurie. Wide-ranging and yet concise, this is an accessible examination of one of the most important historical movements of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyPeter Burke is the author of several previous books including The Italian Renaissance (Polity, 1987) and Popular Culture in Early Modern Europe.
- Author(s)Peter Burke
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication22/11/1990
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleKey Contemporary Thinkers
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight244 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.