All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEurope's great powers formed two powerful coalitions against France, yet force of numbers, superior leadership and the patriotic fervour of France's citizen-soldiers t only defeated each in turn, but closed the era of small, professional armies fighting for limited political objectives. This period produced commanders whose names remain a by-word for excellence in leadership to this day, Napoleon and Nelson. From Italy to Egypt Napoleon demonstrated his strategic genius and mastery of tactics in battles including Rivoli, the Pyramids and Marengo. Nelson's spectacular sea victories at the Nile and Copenhagen were foretastes of a century of British naval supremacy.
- Author BiographyGregory Fremont-Barnes was born in San Francisco and studied history at the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Chicago and Oxford. Since 1993 he has lectured in British and American history in Japan, principally at Kobe University. He has published over ten articles on British diplomatic and military history.
- Author(s)Gregory Fremont-Barnes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/09/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleEssential Histories
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note26 colour & 25 b&w illustrations
- Weight339 g
- Width170 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.