Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.84+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all have our image of the French Riviera: the azure blue of the sea and the swimming pools; the dark green of the pines and the swaying palms; the yachts and the sports cars on the Corniche roads; the hovering croupiers raking in the chips in the Monte Carlo casi. And all these are true. But there is ather Riviera. Above Monaco towers a ruined reminder of Roman power, the Emperor Augustus Trophy of the Alps. Monuments to Napoleon and Magit Line forts testify to turbulent times, while statues and gravestones recall the years from the belle poque to the 1930s when the British, then the Russians and Americans swept in with their money, and their weak lungs, for relaxation and rest cures. Julian Hale reveals how a piece of rugged, inaccessible coastline was transformed into a byword for luxury and hedonismbut always with a special beauty of its own.
- Author BiographyJulian Hale is a writer and broadcaster who divides his time between London and Menton.
- Author(s)Julian Hale
- PublisherSignal Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleLandscapes of the Imagination
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSignal Books Ltd
- Content Note30
- Weight600 g
- Width150 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.