All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Frick Collection was founded by Henry Clay Frick (1849-1919), the Pittsburgh coke and steel industrialist, philanthropist and art collector. On his death, he bequeathed his New York residence and remarkable collection of western paintings, sculpture and decorative arts to the public. Designed and built in 1913-14, the mansion is reminiscent of the ble houses of Europe, providing a grand, domestic setting for the art from the Renaissance to the nineteenth century that it contains. The collection includes masterpieces by rewned artists such as Bellini, Constable, Fragonard, Goya, El Greco, Ingres, Rembrandt, Vermeer and Whistler, as well as superb examples of French eighteenth-century furniture, Italian Renaissance bronzes and Limoges enamels.
- Author BiographyIan Wardropper has been Director of The Frick Collection since 2011. He was previously Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Chairman of the Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Ian Wardropper
- PublisherScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDirector's Choice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Content Note37 colour
- Weight227 g
- Width165 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.