All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this enlightening book, Rudolph Schnackenburg asks, who is Jesus for us today? By delving into the relationships Jesus had during his lifetime with biblical figures such as John, Peter, Mary, Martha, and Lazarus, Schnackenburg discovers that Jesus must be seen as a friend--a personal friend--of everyone. Schnackenburg writes that friendship must prove itself genuine during times of persecution and suffering. Friendship with Jesus gives Christians the strength of the Holy Spirit to overcome the difficulties that can make their way into daily life. By reviewing our relationship with Jesus as a deep and profound friendship, Christians can recognize the compassion, care, communication, and commitment that Jesus offers to us through our faith.
- Author BiographyRudolf Schnackenburg was Professor Emeritus of New Testament Exegesis at the University of Wurzburg in Germany until his death in 2002. He is the author of monumental commentaries on the Gospel of John, the letters of John, and Ephesians.
- Author(s)Rudolf Schnackenburg
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/02/1998
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight8 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine150 mm
- Translated byMark A. Christian
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.