All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionONCE, IN OLDEN TIMES, when wishes still had power, there lived a king. All of his daughters were beautiful, but the youngest was the loveliest of all. The sun itself, which sees so much, was dazzled when its light shone on her face. Thus begins The Frog Prince, the classic fairy tale, best kwn in the version set down by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. When a young princess meets a frog after she drops her favorite toy into a well, she thoughtlessly makes a promise to love him if he retrieves it. But once the frog fetches her toy, she runs away until the king insists that she keeps her word. Frightened and repulsed by the frog, she is forced to let him share her meal and must then let him share her room Part of NorthSouth Books program of classic fairy tales, featuring the original stories of the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen never watered down or Disney-fied and always paired with tremendous art from celebrated European illustrators. The Frog Prince is one of Grimm s most beloved tales. The larger theme of Frog Prince, to look beyond outward appearance, is timely and important.
- Author BiographyJACOB and WILHELM GRIMM were born in Germany in the 1780s. They were scholars and are best known today for their captivating fairy tales. BINETTE SCHROEDER is a highly acclaimed illustrator, painter, and portrait photographer. Among her books for children are The Wonderful Adventure of Baron Munchhausen, which was named a New York Times Best Illustrated Book in 1978. Binette Schroeder lives in Munich, Germany, with her husband, Peter Nickl, a children's book author and a lawyer. NAOMI LEWIS is a writer, editor, critic, and distinguished historian of children's literature. She is well-known for her faithful translations of the stories of Andersen and Grimm. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Binette Schroeder,The Brothers Grimm
- PublisherNorth-South Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth-South Books
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight494 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.