Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Frog Princess is the story of Angie Beasley's transformation from ugly duckling to beauty queen. With few jobs around, bland food and cold weather, the best that Angie could hope for was a job at the local Findus factory. Her family didn't have it easy. Her baby brother was a cot death and the tragedy caused her mother to turn to the Jehovah's Witness faith. Their poverty, w combined with an austere belief system, meant Christmas, birthdays and little joy. But aged 16, Angie decided that she was destined for bigger things. After seeing a TV advertisement she entered a beauty pageant. And won. She went on to take 25 titles, including Miss Leeds, and her home town title Miss Cleethorpes, giving her the opportunity to model while travelling the world. Just as Angie felt that life couldn't get any better, she got engaged to a man who trapped her in a terrifying cycle of domestic violence. When she eventually escaped him, she had lost all of her money and self-esteem. She was on the bottom rung of the ladder yet again. But Angie picked herself up, turned her talents to event management and grafted her way to becoming Director of Miss England. Evoking the magical, lost world of the 1970s beauty pageant, The Frog Princess is Angie Beasley's real life fairytale. The eldest of six children, Angie Beasley (nee Chapman) was born in 1963 in Grimsby. With few prospects in life beyond the local fish factories, she decided to enter Miss Yorkshire Television at the age of 16. Within eight years, Angie had gone on to win twenty-five beauty titles, leading to work in the entertainment industry. She is w the Director of Miss England Limited, and lives in Leicester with her son.
- Author BiographyAngie Beasley (nee Chapman) was born in 1963 in Grimsby, the eldest of six children. She was destined for a life working in one of the local fish factories but refused to stop at this. At 16, she entered Miss Yorkshire Television, which was the start of her career in beauty pageants. After eight years Angie had won a total of 25 beauty titles, before going on to work for legendary entertainment impresario Eric Morley. She rose to the top of the tree in her profession, organizing Miss United Kingdom in the '90s, and is now Director of Miss England Limited. Angie lives in Leicester with her son.
- Author(s)Angie Beasley
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight212 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.