The Frugal Editor: Do-It-Yourself Editing Secrets for Authors: From Your Query Letter to Final Manuscript to the Marketing of Your Bestseller. by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are gremlins out there determined to keep your work from being published, your book from being promoted. Resolved to embarrass you before the gatekeepers who can turn the key of success for you-they lurk in your subconscious and the depths of your computer programs. Whether you are a new or experienced author, The Frugal Editor will help you present whistle-clean copy (from a one-page cover letter to your entire manuscript) to those who have the power to say yea or nay. The second edition of The Frugal Editor: Do-it-yourself editing secrets for authors: From your query letter to final manuscript to the marketing of your new bestseller is from the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers. The Frugal Editor has won awards from USA Book News, Reader Views Literary, New Generation Indie awards and the e-book was a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards and was given an horable mention d fom Dan Poynter's Global E-Book Award. Absolutely essential for beginning writers and a necessary reminder for the more advanced. The mentor you've been looking for. This book won't collect dust! Christina Francine, review for Fjords Review Using the basic computer and editing tricks from The Frugal Editor, authors can prevent headaches and save themselves time-and even money-during the editing process. It's well worth your effort to learn them. Barbara McNichol, Barbara McNichol Editorial Writers and editors have a true friend in Carolyn Howard-Johnson. Her word smarts, her publishing savvy, and her sincere commitment to authors and editors make The Frugal Editor a must-have resource. June Casagrande, author of The Best Punctuation Book, Period and Grammar Sbs Are Great Big Meanies (Penguin) The Frugal Editor has become an appendage to me. Donna M. McDine, award-winning children's author www.donnamcdine.com / www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com Quote from The Frugal Editor: Language is a fluid life form. To assume that because we once learned grammar one way, it will always be accepted is fallacious. To neglect researching the language we write in when we so assiduously research the facts for what we write is folly.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Howard-Johnson's several careers prepared her for writing and promoting her own books and those of others and for editing many genres from nonfiction to poetry. She was the youngest person ever hired as a staff writer for The Salt Lake Tribune- A Great Pulitzer Prize Winning Newspaper. That gave her insight into the needs of editors, the very people authors must work with to get free ink and the ones likely to spot unprofessional editing when they see it. Later in New York, she was an editorial assistant at Good Housekeeping Magazine and handled accounts for fashion publicist Eleanor Lambert who instituted the first Ten Best Dressed List. She wrote media releases (then called press releases) for celebrity designers of the day including Pauline Trigere, Rudy Gernreich, and Christian Dior and directed photo shoots for Lambert's clients. She also worked as columnist, reviewer, and staff writer for the Pasadena Star-News, Home Decor Buyer, the Glendale News-Press (an affiliate of the LA Times), Myshelf.com, and others. She learned marketing skills both in college (University of Utah, and University of Southern California) and as founder and operator of a chain of retail stores. That molded her understanding of how authors might best collaborate with retailers to affect both of their bottom lines. Carolyn's experience in journalism and as a poet and author of fiction and nonfiction helped the multi award-winning author understand how different genres can be marketed more effectively. She was an instructor for UCLA Extension's renowned Writers' Program for nearly a decade and earned an instructor's certificate from that school. She studied writing at Cambridge University, United Kingdom; Herzen University in St. Petersburg, Russia; and Charles University in Prague. Carolyn was honored as Woman of the Year in Arts and Entertainment and received her community's Character and Ethics award for promoting tolerance with her writing and the Diamond Award in Arts and Culture. She was named to Pasadena Weekly's list of fourteen women of San Gabriel Valley women who make life happen and Delta Gamma, a national fraternity of women, honored her with their Oxford Award. Carolyn is an actor who has appeared in ads including Apple, Lenscrafters, Time-Life CDs, Disney Cruises (Japan), and Blue Shield and has presented at writers' conferences and tradeshows across the US.
- Author(s)Carolyn Howard-Johnson
- Date of Publication03/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chaz Desimone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.