The Full English Cassoulet: Making Do In the Kitchen by Richard Mabey (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Mabey began experimenting with cooking as soon as he was big eugh to clamber to the cupboard where the powdered chocolate was kept. At scout camp he learned how to cook a Sussex Pond Pudding in a billy-can, and thirty years ago he permanently broadened the nation's palate with his guide to edible wild plants, Food For Free. His new book is a joyous exploration of local ingredients, broadening your horizons by travelling, vernacular heritage, and making use of everything except, as the saying goes, 'the pig's squeal'. It includes: Collecting Corsican chestnut receipes and American mushroom ideas, and meditating on what a forest-food culture would have been like; Cooking eggs in thing but the sun; Making bread the prehistoric way - with old beer; Exploring the outer limits of apple cusine (i.e. the outer limit is making leather out of apples); 'Cooking against the grain' - if we didn't have access to wheat, what could we make with nuts? How to deal with gluts - those autumn mountains of beans and courgettes; Making-do the wartime way - canny tricks his mother taught him; re-introducing his father's passion for offals.
- Author BiographyRichard Mabey is a prize-winning writer and botanist, described by The Times as 'Britain's greatest living nature writer'. Brought up in the Chilterns, he now lives in Norfolk where he and his partner, Polly, have created from scratch a vegetable garden, a Mediterranean garden, a pond garden and a wild garden with fields and hedgerows. Highly praised for his poetic style and his challenging ideas, he is the author of FOOD FOR FREE, THE UNOFFICIAL COUNTRYSIDE, THE COMMON GROUND, FLORA BRITANNICA, NATURE CURE and, most recently, BEECHCOMBINGS.
- Author(s)Richard Mabey
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Weight429 g
- Width165 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.