All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fundamentals of Drawing offers an academic-inspired, foundational exploration of the drawing basics, which ultimately serves as the gateway to Walter Foster's newest core drawing-book series: Academy of Art. Structured like a class curriculum, The Fundamentals of Drawing covers the basic concepts any beginning artist needs to learn this art form, including space and depth, proportion, composition, perspective, and more. To start the exploration, art instructor Jim Dowdalls demonstrates how to use the different types of drawing tools, including how to hold a pencil, how to use supports, and how to make a variety of marks and strokes. Artists will discover helpful information for understanding value and learning to create a value scale, as well as how to build value in their drawings using various techniques. Throughout this educational book, myriad step-by-step exercises and drawing projects encourage artists to put their newfound kwledge to use and practice the concepts and techniques demonstrated. With the skills and techniques they acquire in this comprehensive drawing course, beginning artists will be ready to take their artwork to the next level. Full of beautiful artwork that will inspire readers to explore drawing further, The Fundamentals of Drawing is the perfect place to start a mastery of fine art.
- Author BiographyJIM DOWDALLS is an art and design instructor who received his bachelor's degree in drawing and painting and a master's degree in bio-medical illustration from California State University. He has instructed classes in drawing and painting, illustration, life drawing, animal drawing, rendering, and bio-medical rendering and illustration. Jim has followed a parallel artistic track in bio-medical Illustration, and his illustrations have won numerous awards from the Society of Illustrators and the Association of Medical Illustrators. Jim has created illustrations for some of the top pharmaceutical and medical products corporations, international advertising agencies, and many of the top periodicals in this country and abroad. Jim is a fulltime faculty member at Fullerton College in Fullerton, California.
- Author(s)Jim Dowdalls
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleAcademy of Art
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Content Note500
- Weight635 g
- Width260 mm
- Height349 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.