The Fundamentals of Visualization, Modeling, and Graphics for Engineering Design by Dennis Lieu, Sheryl Sorby (Mixed media product, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $181.78+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionA new book for a new generation of engineering professionals, Visualization, Modeling, and Graphics for Engineering Design was written from the ground up to take a brand-new approach to graphic communication within the context of engineering design and creativity. With a blend of modern and traditional topics, this text recognizes how computer modeling techniques have changed the engineering design process. From this new perspective, the text is able to focus on the evolved design process, including the critical phases of creative thinking, product ideation, and advanced analysis techniques. Focusing on design and design communication rather than drafting techniques and standards, it goes beyond the 'what' to explain the 'why' of engineering graphics.
- Author BiographySheryl A. Sorby is a professor of engineering education at The Ohio State University. She previously served as associate dean for academic programs and department chair of engineering fundamentals at Michigan Technological University. Professor Sorby received the Sharon Keillor award from the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), recognizing outstanding women engineering faculty. She was also the recipient of the Betty Vetter research award through the Women in Engineering Program Advocates Network (WEPAN), for her work in improving the success of women engineering students through the development of a spatial skills course. She has received the Engineering Design Graphics Distinguished Service Award, the Distinguished Teaching Award, and the Dow Outstanding New Faculty Award from ASEE as well, and she serves the organization as associate editor of advances in engineering education. Dennis K. Lieu is professor of mechanical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, where he was formerly the associate dean of student affairs. He also received his B.S., M.S., and D.Eng. in mechanical engineering from U.C. Berkeley. After working for six years as a design engineer in industry, he returned to his alma mater to join its faculty. Professor Lieu has taught engineering graphics for over 25 years and has been a member of the Engineering Design Graphics Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) for 23 years. His research interests are in the design of electro-mechanical machines and the design of sports equipment, and he is the author or co-author of numerous articles on engineering graphics education. He is a member of Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma, and Phi Beta Kappa, as well as a recipient of the University of California Distinguished Teaching Award and the Orthogonal Medal awarded by North Carolina State University, for his contributions to engineering graphics education.
- Author(s)Dennis Lieu,Sheryl Sorby
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1680 g
- Width219 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.